Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku4

I have a Roku 4 unit. Recently I changed ISP from AT&T to Spectum. Now when I play a You Tube video it stops the beginning of each video weather it's an ad or the video I want to watch for about 30 seconds. I tried wired and wireless both scenarios have the delay. I checked firmware and it's up to date. I also have a Roku Premiere running wireless in another room and no delay on it. I was thinking of upgrading to Roku Ultra but I'm not sure if I will have the same problem. Didn't want to go with the Roku Premiere at this location because I wanted the headphone feature. Can anyone give me guidance as to I should do?   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 16

Re: Roku4

I suspect your system coincidentally also updated its Roku operating system. Version 9.3 is in the midst of rolling out, and many have reported similar experience with YouTube under 9.3.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku4

I have 3 roku4's (one ultra) and the recent rollout of 9.3.0 f/w has been fairly disastrous on the YouTube apps, both youtube and youtubetv.  It's taken over a week to mostly clear up most of the major youtubetv problems (as if now I'd say the roku problems are about equal to the app problems, most of which have existed for months and are in the 'Bamtech' category, the company youtubetv has outsourced their programming support to).  

About 50% of the time when selecting a clip on youtube, I get a <1sec shot if audio/video, followed by ~10 sec of freeze.  Many times this is followed by a 'network error' screen saying 'youtube is unavailable le. Please try again late . Cancel/exit YouTube.  All the of my roku4's do this, my ultra doesn't but it hasn't gotten the forced f/w update, still on 9.2.0.  Was at a friends house yesterday, who bought a roku4 right after I did when they first came out and he has the same crud with 9.3.0.

They have mostly fixed youtubetv, now they need to turn attention to youtube.

0 Kudos