Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellysue70
Level 7

Roku2xs and remote pairing

My roku2xs homepage shows up on my screen but I cant get the remote to pair so I can sign in or connect to wifi...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku2xs and remote pairing

You're try to pair the original remote that came with it or a new remote you bought? The roku xs uses a bluetooth remote, the current remotes with pairing buttons are wifi-direct completely incompatible. The xs remote had blue and green key with two dots below them, and was bluetooth. The roku 3 wifi remote looked alot like the that one but only had one dot, the roku remote with one dot will not work on the xs. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kstec25
Level 7

Mine also. I've tried everything. New batteries, turning off and on. I'm on the homescreen and when I put the remote up to the box, the box flashes and takes me to the remote screen but if I push a button it goes right back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kellysue70 @Kstec25 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos