Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellysue70
Level 7

Roku2xs and remote pairing

My roku2xs homepage shows up on my screen but I cant get the remote to pair so I can sign in or connect to wifi...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Roku2xs and remote pairing

You're try to pair the original remote that came with it or a new remote you bought? The roku xs uses a bluetooth remote, the current remotes with pairing buttons are wifi-direct completely incompatible. The xs remote had blue and green key with two dots below them, and was bluetooth. The roku 3 wifi remote looked alot like the that one but only had one dot, the roku remote with one dot will not work on the xs. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Kstec25
Level 7

Mine also. I've tried everything. New batteries, turning off and on. I'm on the homescreen and when I put the remote up to the box, the box flashes and takes me to the remote screen but if I push a button it goes right back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kellysue70 @Kstec25 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos