Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmy1726
Level 7

Roku remote won't pair with Roku 2 XD

Jump to solution

I bought a roku voice remote but I'm not sure if it will connect to my roku 2 xd box. The remote worked fine blinking green so I guess the control works but nothing on my screen is moving, it just makes a noise. So do I need a different remote? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote won't pair

Jump to solution

@Jimmy1726 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @Tivoburkee mentioned, please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older Roku device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Sorry but it will not. Your roku only takes IR remotes and bluetooth, the roku voice remote is wifi-direct. Which is completely different kind of RF then bluetooth. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jimmy1726 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @Tivoburkee mentioned, please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older Roku device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos