Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zachwaka
Level 7

Roku has not been set up and I do not have original remote

I received a Roku 2 XD from my father without it's original remote because it got stolen or lost. The Roku was never actually set up to begin with. A replacementVoice Remote was bought, but it will not sync no matter what I have tried from the troubleshooting tips. When the batteries are placed into the remote, I do not have to hold the Sync button because it immediately starts flashing. I have tried holding the Sync button anyway but no luck. The only thing that appears on the screen is the initial Roku animation and then the Select Language screen. Any help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Roku has not been set up and I do not have original remote

Stop trying, it will never pair, reason is the roku 2 xd uses Bluetooth remote in addition to an IR remote. The Voice remote is Wifi-Direct completely in compatible with your model sorry. A cheap universal with roku code should work by IR.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku has not been set up and I do not have original remote

@zachwaka 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device. 

We would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos