Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbars01
Channel Surfer

Roku doesn't get past Roku screen on tv

Jump to solution

I have a Roku SE that I have had hooked up to a Polaroid tv for a year. I have not used the roku on this tv in a long time. I have it plugged into HDMI 2. The light is on the roku box and when I go to HDMI 2 the Roku page come up but freezes there. I have unplugged the power and HDMI cord to reset and put new batteries in the roku remote but still stuck. I need help what to do next!!!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku doesn't get past Roku screen on tv

Jump to solution
8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is this a Roku SE purchased at Walmart (model 3930) within the last year or two, or a much older Roku SE?

Its also not clear where its freezing -  on the bootup "bouncing" Roku logo screen, or at the Home page (with the menu and apps and time).

If its "freezing" at the Home screen, does the current time show?

If so, its probably your remote - If you think the remote isnt working, try using the Roku Remote app from a phone/tablet.

You can also get a $5-15 IR-only universal/Roku-preprogrammed remote at Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc.

0 Kudos
Kbars01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Purchased more than a year ago. Freezes at Roku screen (but is not bouncing) just says Roku and doesn't show a time! I put new batteries in remote and did not help. I will try Roku app and see. Any other ideas? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Kbars01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok I downloaded the Roku app to i-phone and pushed remote and it is asking me to connect a device. How do I do this?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try a Factory Reset:  With the power on, hold the reset button for 45 seconds.

0 Kudos
Kbars01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where is reset button on Roku SE? I have looked over box and can't find it. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Kbars01 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Should be on the back (might be a pinhole)

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Kbars01 wrote:

Ok I downloaded the Roku app to i-phone and pushed remote and it is asking me to connect a device. How do I do this?

I don't have an iPhone to check this on, only an Android.  Assuming the two versions of the app are similar, you should see this at the bottom of the screen when you first launch the app:

roku_app.jpg

Click the Devices button to get a list of Roku devices on your network from which to choose.  (The green dot, if present, indicates a device is currently selected.)  If it doesn't show a list of devices, you should be able to tell it to scan to find them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Kbars01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Found the reset on bottom of box. Held it in for a minute, it reset and I entered the info and it is now working as it should! Thanks! 

0 Kudos