Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku XD suddenly can't connect to WiFi

Same thing just happened with  myXD. Been working for years, but yesterday said 'no connection.'  Tried to reconnect, but my wifi network is not even listed, although it's on and other devices are connected to my wifi. I have unplugged and reset both the device and my modem, didn't help as my network is not found. HELP.

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote issue]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku XD suddenly can't connect to WiFi

@dtrain66 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is an older device.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have our Support team reach out to you to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks Danny. I 've had the unit for years, this is the first time encountering this specific issue. I know it's not my wifi network as all my other devices are connected to the same network. As other people have reported this same issue of sudden expulsion from connection and not listing their wifi network, it leads me to think there is a change on the Roku side.  I will send the serial number tonight.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

As Danny mentioned, that is a really old Roku. It's certainly possible that the WiFi radio has failed. If so, there's no fix. And frankly, it would cost far more to fix it than to just replace it. Unfortunately, that's a hard fact with lower cost electronic devices. Also, there are more and more channels that just won't work on that old of a player, and new channels coming out (such as Disney+) will never work on it. The XD was released in Sept 2010, and it's really time to just replace it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos