Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku XD still supported?

Jump to solution

Hello! is the Roku xd still supported? If not, which devices that are affordable I can upgrade too? I am trying to install Netflix on my current device. On my smartphone it says "Netflix" is installed, but it is not appearing on the home page. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku XD still supported?

Jump to solution

The Roku XD (2050) is no longer supported. It will not work with the latest versions of many channels, Netflix included. The XD was released in Sept 2010, so extremely old in electronic years. The current lowest cost Roku is the Express, which is currently on sale on the Roku web site for $24.99 until tomorrow. Regular price is $29.99. 

Since you have such an old player, is your TV equipped with HDMI inputs? If you need analog audio/video, Roku no longer sells players with them, although there are some older models still around on Amazon or Ebay. I don't believe any other online streaming players support analog out any longer, either. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku XD still supported?

Jump to solution

The Roku XD (2050) is no longer supported. It will not work with the latest versions of many channels, Netflix included. The XD was released in Sept 2010, so extremely old in electronic years. The current lowest cost Roku is the Express, which is currently on sale on the Roku web site for $24.99 until tomorrow. Regular price is $29.99. 

Since you have such an old player, is your TV equipped with HDMI inputs? If you need analog audio/video, Roku no longer sells players with them, although there are some older models still around on Amazon or Ebay. I don't believe any other online streaming players support analog out any longer, either. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post