Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku XD 2050x 1080p, Channels & CC

Can anyone tell me what channels still work on this product , besides Netflix and how many I can add.

Is there anyway I can turn on the CC on Netflix, if so how?

I know this product is discontinued. But I'm broke and it was gifted to me, so I take what I can get. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku XD 2050x 1080p, Channels & CC

Based on what another user posted in a different thread, the Netflix app on the older devices never supported captions, so there is no way to enable them,. Looking at the Wiki page that describes what each model supports, the 2050 only supports 1080p at p24 or p30. If the stream is 1080p/60, ir won't work. In that case, 720p is the highest resolution it supports. 
The 2050 was first released in September 2010, so in electronic years it is ancient. I believe that the channel store will only show channels that will work on that device, so it you see it in the store it should work. However, I'll caution you that just because it will install and work doesn't mean it's actually usable. For example, the YouTube channel will still install and work on my 2 XS (just under a year newer than your 2050), but for all practical purposes it's unusable. It responds to remote command so slowing it's frustrating. There are likely many more like that on a player that old. Honestly if you could scrape up $25 for a new Express (on sale at the Roku web site) you'd be much better off.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Most channels have ceased to work. Netflix is pretty much it. I still have my first 2008 Roku model. Definitely limited.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos

Great, Thank you! saves me a lot of time!!
Some channels shows up but are not playable, and I didn't want to test one by one... in case I would find one that work.
So I guess Netflix it is, on a loud volume, since CC doesn't work.
0 Kudos