Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkelly
Level 7

Roku Thinks its still connected to a different HDMI port

My Toshiba TV has 3 HDMI ports, I had the Roku plugged into Port #3, but switched it to Port #1 to make it easier to return to the cable input in Port 2 (instead of going thru all input options to get back to the cable).  When I select port #1 I see the Roku menu, but when I press any button on the roku remote, it switches the input back to port#3, as if the Roku only knows this port.  When I press the home button on the roku remote while on cable input, it switches the tv input to #3.  I don't know if this is the TV or the Roku XS causing this problem-- anyone have any idea??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Thinks its still connected to a different HDMI port

@wkelly 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XS is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wkelly
Level 7

Hi Danny-- I'm not sure how to PM you on this site, and would rather not throw my e-mail address out into the community.  Does this reply go only to you?

Thanks

Bill Kelly

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

To PM: Click on his name, click profile, scroll down a bit and on the right there's PM link. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos