Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X stop working

@tswartly 

What possibly happened is your network settings changed. If your ISP manages your wireless network, be aware that some (Comcast most notoriously, but many others as well) have changed the 2.4 GHz settings from b/g/n to g/n. Doing that will stop Roku devices that are 2.4 GHz band only from connecting. The 3920 devices are 2.4 GHz only.

If you can check those network settings -- it varies how from ISP to ISP or router to router model -- look for the 2.4 GHz settings. If they aren't 802.11 b/g/n then change them to that. Or check with you ISP.

Other users here may know how to do that, depending on your ISP, so if it's something you're having difficulty with, post back and perhaps someone can assist.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Cowgirl1NY
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere 3920X stop working

I've had this Roku Premiere Model 3920X for about 8 months attached to my old Hitachi Ultravision TV. It had been working fine, but now It's not working at all. I've changed batteries, changed the power cord to different outlets, pressed the reset button and did all the usual recommended procedures.  The Roku seems to be dead. Is it at the end of life?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Cowgirl1NY wrote:

I've had this Roku Premiere Model 3920X for about 8 months attached to my old Hitachi Ultravision TV. It had been working fine, but now It's not working at all. I've changed batteries, changed the power cord to different outlets, pressed the reset button and did all the usual recommended procedures.  The Roku seems to be dead. Is it at the end of life?

It's certainly possible it's dead. However, do check the obvious stuff, just to be sure.

To which HDMI port is your Roku connected? And are you absolutely certain you have your TV input set to that port?

Have you tried connecting to a different HDMI port, in case it's actually your TV's HDMI port that's gone out?

What is the screen showing when you're on that HDMI input? Any message at all?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Cowgirl1NY
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried changing HDMI ports. Other devices work on these ports so I doubt it’s the port  I also tried it on another TV and it still doesn’t work  I believe it’s dead   I only had it about 8 months  short life span isn’t it  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Cowgirl1NY wrote:

I’ve tried changing HDMI ports. Other devices work on these ports so I doubt it’s the port  I also tried it on another TV and it still doesn’t work  I believe it’s dead   I only had it about 8 months  short life span isn’t it  

Very unexpected. I have a Roku device that's 8 years old that is still running. What you're experiencing is not normal.

Get your receipts and start a warranty replacement for the device. https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cowgirl1NY

Thanks for the posts and updates.

I have passed along your information to our Support team to see what assistance they can offer. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaschicago
Channel Surfer

I bought one of these this past March.  I had noticed it was heating up.  Yesterday, it refused to recognize any wifi signals.  Usually mine as well as some nearby signals pop up.  Tried unplugging device and rebooting wifi, nothing.  All other devices, computer and iPhone can find my wifi but not this one and it recognized the signal just a few days prior, when I last had the tv on in that room. And good luck finding any customer service since this is probably a device issue and not something the community board can help will.  It didn't even last to 4 months.

Cowgirl1NY
Reel Rookie

My issue was resolved rather quickly. I received an immediate response from the Roku tech and they Must have deemed my unit defective. The sent me a return authorization to send my defective unit back and I received a replacement within 10 days.  I was really impressed given the negative reviews I read. I say give them a chance. I must add that trying to get anyone on the phone was impossible. 

atc98092

Certainly not normal for it to die so soon. I too have a Roku player about 8 years old that still works, although I rarely use it. It simply isn't capable of running the latest channels. My 3920 is working fine, and I've had it a year or so. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jaschicago
Channel Surfer

I just tried hooking up my old Roku where the problem is and it found my WiFi but said the signal is too weak. The other two Roku sand the Roku tv are fine. The problem child was fine on the weekend until yesterday

0 Kudos