Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku HD does not connect to remotes

Jump to solution

I have a IR and point-anywhere remotes.  The 2500x does not seem to connect to either one, with fresh batteries.  Any suggestions? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku HD does not connect to remotes

Jump to solution

@spitfire_girl

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku HD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@spitfire_girl

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku HD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The HD2500, released in April 2012, only supports IR remotes, it does not support either the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct remotes.

For the IR remote, make sure no batteries leaked inside it. If so, clean the battery contacts. I had one old IR remote where leader batteries actually damaged the board.

See if you can fix the IR remote of find another.

That device is probably not worth much effort. with the 400 MHz CPU, it will be painfully slow and will not support Netflix profiles or the Amazon Prime channel. Unless you have a specific few older channels that you need, the device will probably be. disappointment.

0 Kudos