Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann-Marie
Level 7

Roku 2 XD not allowing access to channels

Jump to solution

I recently got a Roku 2 XD for the tv in the master bedroom.  We've installed it and can watch free channels.  It shows some channels are free with our cable subscription (Cox Communications). There is a Blue Key on the program and when you click on the watch now, it gives you a website to go to and a code.  I've entered the code and waited several times to no avail.  I have contacted my cable provider and they say that it should work, it must be a ROKU issue, contact them.  There is no phone number anywhere to contact anyone with Roku (convenient). I'd really like to watch HGTV GO and Discovery GO, and, per Roku's blurb, I should be allowed to with my cable subscription, but it won't load.  Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 XD not allowing access to channels

Jump to solution

@Ann-Marie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @atc98092 mentioned, the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported.However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

I just did this - ie:

Started in the Discovery Go app - got the code.

Went to the discovery web site and entered the code.

Then discovery website asked me to select my provider and I did.

Then it redirected me over to my provider's website where I logged in with my provider user ID and password.

Then it displayed: "Success You're Ready To Go!"  And the episode immediately started playing on my Roku.

Your story seems to stop at entering the code so I'm wondering if you did all that?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku 2 XD is a dead device. It was released in July 2011 and is no longer supported by Roku, meaning it doesn't have a recent version of the Roku OS, and it never will. Many newer channels won't even install to the device. I really wouldn't bother with it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ann-Marie
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got as far as the HGTV website, entered the code and the website said success! It never directed me to my cable providers website. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

I think you have javascript disabled in your browser.  If I go to the HGTV activate page with javascript off and type in any old random number, it says: Success!  (Which obviously can't be true since I just made up that code.)  However, once I turn on javascript, then it tells me my made-up code is invalid and I should try again.  (Rather poor website design on HGTV's part in my opinion.)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ann-Marie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @atc98092 mentioned, the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported.However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos