Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelwolf71885
Level 9

Roku 2 4210 Roku OS 9.4

I have a Roku 2 4210 and when i checked for updates i got the notification that Roku OS 9.4 was available for my device im on Roku OS 9.3 

my roku downloaded the update rebooted and proceded to display a bank screen then 3 minutes later booted and was still on Roku OS 9.3

i know 9.4 is still on a staggered rollout but was weird that the update was offered download but failed to install 

has anyone else experianced this?

Roku 2 4210
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Roku 2 4210 Roku OS 9.4

I'm still on 9.3 with my Ultra. There are a few performance upgrades with

9,4 I dont really need. I dont think you need them either.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
angelwolf71885
Level 9

@boogernose wrote:

I'm still on 9.3 with my Ultra. There are a few performance upgrades with

9,4 I dont really need. I dont think you need them either.

Thanks for the reply

my concern was about the update not applying and reverting back to 9.3 after a ~3 minute black screen on reboot

i check for updates only to get app updates and was offered the 9.4 update i know it's still in testing/rollout if it's a bug then cool was just unusual that my Roku 4210 reverted back to 9.3

Roku 2 4210
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I can't directly answer your question, but ..

About a week ago I was using my Streaming Stick in a rental condo.  Like you, I checked available updates and was offered 9.4, but I chose not to manually install it at that time becaue I was aware of reported problems and didn't want to take a chance on crippling my only available Roku while away from home.  The next morning I checked to see if it had auto-installed overnight but 9.4 was no longer being offered and it hasn't been offered on any of my Rokus since then.  

I can't help but think they've halted the rollout for a while to deal with reported issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
angelwolf71885
Level 9

Thank you for your reply

yah im just going to wait this out until i get auto updated

i just hope it doesn't block me updateing apps

Roku 2 4210
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@angelwolf71885 wrote:

Thank you for your reply

yah im just going to wait this out until i get auto updated

i just hope it doesn't block me updateing apps

It SHOULD auto-update the channel apps in the normal daily check.  Or you can force it manually -- as long as it doesn't offer you Roku 9.4 you should be able to run the update and only get any available channel updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos