Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeybird
Level 7

Roku 1 box no remote how to

I have roku 1 box but no remote I have it hook up to my sansui non smart tv thru hdmi cords my android phone is on wifi also have ipad only wifi which is easiest to stream from and how do I get the box connected to phone wifi I have said and password please help 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku 1 box no remote how to

To hook any Roku up to a WiFi connection, you have to have a remote. The app will not work until the Roku is connected to the network. No ifs, ands or buts.

However, you can still use your Roku 1. You can go to almost any store that offers TV accessories and find a universal IR remote that has Roku codes. I've seen a number of them available in one on my nearby general purpose stores for less than $10. There are plenty available online as well. Just make sure it says on the package that it supports Roku players. 

The Roku 1 is quite old, going on 8 years now. That said, Roku does still support it with OS updates. However many newer channels will not work on it. So you might consider upgrading to a Premiere. I don't recommend the Express, as the Premiere is only a little more money but a much better player.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos