Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CH67
Level 7

Roku 1 - Peacock TV Channel not available?

Roku 1. Searching for Peacock TV in streaming channels, but nowhere to be found. Searched and installed on Roku Premier, using same account, all other channels sync between the two devices except this one. And it's not available in the streaming channels on the Roku 1 device. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andyross
Level 16

Re: Roku 1 - Peacock TV Channel not available?

NBC/Universal decided not to support older models. Your Roku 1 is ancient.

0 Kudos
biglegged
Level 7

I love my roku1.  The problem is I have it playing through my ancient stereo, using the red, white, yellow cable plugs....newer units only come with HDMI which my old stereo knows nothing about.  

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

There are HDMI to RCA adapters available. This is just one I found in a quick search:

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Amazon-Adapter-Streaming-Supports/dp/B07GRXDZCF/

0 Kudos
BOREDINLV
Level 7

I am trying to do the same for my dad for WWE NETWORK. I don't think we can get PEACOCK on Roku 1, I've tried. And luck.?  March 27th. 2021 ...   :-(

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

No, there's no way to get Peacock on an unsupported player. The Roku 1 was released in Sep 2013, and does not have accelerated graphics, so cannot handle many of the newest channels. Roku still supports the player with updates, but I wouldn't expect that to continue for much longer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @BOREDINLV,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Peacock TV is available on selected Roku device models. Find more info at https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos