Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Reset roku and ir remote not working

i reset my roku 2 hd model 3000x and i had gotten it from my family and decided to reset it once i came home and now the remote doesnt connect to my roku device and my roku remote i got with it has an ir sensor but wont connect, i tried getting close and moving everything out of the way but nothing, im still stuck on the select a language screen, i know it works i tried it before i took it home with me????

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Reset roku and ir remote not working

The remote might be bluetooth, that's if there's a pairing button in the battery compartment. If no pairing button, yes it would be IR. To test if the remote is working, with new batteries, point the remote at the cellphone camera and press a key, if you see flashes then remote is fine. That would mean the roku is bad. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Reset roku and ir remote not working

@NobleS1X 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 HD is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos