Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lsinger9404
Binge Watcher

Remote for Roku 2 stopped working - changed batteries but nothing

I got a new remote for my Roku 2 but it has stopped working. I thought maybe it was the battery so I changed them with brand new batteries and still nothing. It doesn't have the pairing button in it. I can't set up the remote in the settings. What should I do? It would be great if I could speak with someone. I just bought it from Roku.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote for Roku 2 stopped working - changed batteries but nothing

If you bought a remote with no pairing button, then this is an infrared remote (IR) that requires a direct line of sight between the remote and the Roku.  Be sure the front face of the Roku is facing out into the room and that nothing is blocking visual access to the front.

You can use a digital camera, even one built into a phone, to check whether the remote is actually outputting an IR signal.  Point it at the camera lens and press buttons on the remote.  You should be able to see the flash from the remote on the camera screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lsinger9404
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote for Roku 2 stopped working - changed batteries but nothing

Yes, of course. I am sitting right in front of it.

0 Kudos