Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU 2 XD 3050X BLANK NETFLIX MOVIE TITLE ICONS

Starting about three weeks ago (05FEB2021), the movie icons on my home screen are blank. The icons are still visible but grayed out. The only way to find out what movie the icon represents is to select each icon and then the movie title and summary appears. Needless to say, this is EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming, I stopped using ROKU 2 device. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU 2 XD 3050X BLANK NETFLIX MOVIE TITLE ICONS

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall to get the latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos