Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfwrok
Level 7

Problem Linking Roku 3 in My Account

I have a Roku 3 4200X that I accidently unlinked on my account. I cannot get a code from it to re-link it. The Roku shows only "TV Off" and other app boxes are grayed-out. Any operation of the remote only brings up "Featured Free" channels. Roku offers no chat/email support for this model now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Problem Linking Roku 3 in My Account

To re-link the Roku to your Roku account, you have to start over as though it were a new unit.  

Do a factory reset to completely wipe the Roku's memory via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  When it starts back up, follow the prompts to set it back up all over again, including linking it to your Roku account.  Once it's linked to your account you'll need to log back into any channels whose subscriptions require logins.

• IMPORTANT! When linking your device to your Roku account you may be directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site where they may request you to pay bogus charges and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos