Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Application Out Of Date

@Ruins 

Keep a few things in mind. Roku stopped supporting those second generation devices years ago. But if they work, they work.

Of course, more and more services are dropping support for those "legacy" devices, so less and less will work.

If you do upgrade, just remember that the old remotes still work on the new devices, except the sticks. The old "snickers" remote from 2010 works on the 2021 Ultra, for instance. And the current Simple Remote is the current version of the IR remote. Like I said, everything but the sticks.

Roku went to battle against Google over privacy last year. Remember YouTube TV being pulled? That was why. And Roku didn't give in. Google did. But if Roku's privacy standards aren't something you can work around, you won't find a streaming platform with less intrusion, as I demonstrated on an earlier post you had. Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa are all integrated into those other platforms, and work their way into other things too. Roku not as bad.

It's the current world. You don't like it. I don't like it. But our likes aren't high on anybody's radar.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos