Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaraB
Reel Rookie

Prime Application Out Of Date

I just got Prime Video and my Roku. Says Application Out Of Date. I've tried removing and reloading the channel and a system update, but still nothing. Anything I can try to update the channel?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Prime Application Out Of Date

What model Roku do you have? You can go to System/About to get the model number. If your Roku is very old, it may no longer be updated and supported by Amazon.

0 Kudos
Community1

I'm seeing this too on my dad's. I've tried all the above that the other user did.

Its a Roku 2.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There are five different versions of a Roku with a "2" in the name. Most are no longer supported by Roku, and I believe Amazon has dropped support for all of them. The most recent version of the Roku 2 is the model 4210, and was released in Apr 2015. So it's almost 7 years old at best.

Honestly, any Roku that old is completely outdated and would perform very poorly compared to the latest versions. The Roku Express 4K+ is currently on sale for $29.99, and runs circles around those older players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Amazon announced in emails to Roku owners that, effective November 1, 2021, their Prime Video would no longer support the following older Roku model numbers:

Roku 2 HD/XD/XS models 2050X, 2500X, 2720X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X
Roku LT models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
Roku SE model 2710X
Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X

(The Xs or other letters at the end of the model number are distribution codes and are irrelevant for this issue.)

To check your model number use Roku menu path Settings / System / About

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lpd001
Reel Rookie

It is a roku ultra HD

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Lpd001 

I'm not familiar with the Roku Ultra HD. There is a Roku Ultra LT, and just plain Ultra. I'm not sure about the one you say. What is the model number?

Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

If you mean the Roku HD, that is the model 2500 and is ten years old. It is no longer supported by Roku, and Amazon has dropped support for that player for Prime Video.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

The Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) is an excellent value and is a great streaming device for the vast majority of people. If anybody needing an updated Roku missed the $24 price (https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/roku-express-4k-plus-on-sale/), it's currently only $29 at https://www.amazon.com/Roku-3941R-Express-4K/dp/B0916TKFF2, and probably similarly priced at other retailers, which is still a great price.

You can also check https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ while logged into your Roku account to see if there are any discounted upgrade offers.

0 Kudos
Ruins
Channel Surfer

It sucks because with the older Roku's (I have a Roku2 XD that still functions fine albeit a little slowly on some of the channels.) you could watch Amazon and NOT get their stupid commercials shoved in your face like with the newer Roku's. Switch to a newer Roku? Forced to watch their commercials. I quit watching Amazon instead. Until they allow me to watch without their bloody commercials, I'm not watching at all and I'm not paying for Prime. So about 80% less shopping too.

That was my line in the sand.

My new line is whether or not I'm going to deal with the double bounces and slow 2XD with a remote that I like minus the stupid pre-programmed buttons or do I go with something new and find some configuration that makes me happy and secure with most of my privacy intact. I'm following the forums to see if a few threads bear fruit.

0 Kudos