Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Ukor
Level 7

Old Roku Model - What do you do with them?

Jump to solution

Hi.  I have a Roku that was purchased in 2009 that has been attached to an old TV and neither has been used in years.  I don't know if you can upgrade the model or if you just toss into recycling/garbage.

I also could not find an email address just to send the question - ridiculous they don't have an email address to ask ask questions.  I work in IT and we have help desks that answer client questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Old Roku Model - What do you do with them?

Jump to solution

@Joe_Ukor

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model device do you have? Please be aware that for some older devices, we no longer offer Support. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

Roku does not offer any sort or trade-in program. Unwanted devices can be given to someone else, or if it's defective just send it to an electronics recycler in your area. Before doing either, you want to make sure your personal information has been removed. If it's functional, use the Settings/System menu and find the Factory reset function. If the device isn't working, I would still attempt the alternate reset method, which is locating the recessed button on the back of the device and hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds while the Roku is powered up. You should also go into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and unlink the device from your account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Joe_Ukor

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model device do you have? Please be aware that for some older devices, we no longer offer Support. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos