Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Notification about Roku 2 Support Discontinuation

I have a Roku 2 but did not receive the email. Disappointing as I have two Rokus. The 2 still has Spotify removed etc. So it looks like I would just need to upgrade at full price. I also have a few Fire devices, and they seem to be working fine. Yet my two senior ladies prefer Roku by far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Thank you for your reply. I was able to send Roku Customer Service an email just now and hopefully they will give me a definitive answer. I know you can take the Roku Stick out from the back of the TV. I'm not tech savvy and don't know if the OS is the Roku Stick. There are open HDMI ports. If Roku replies to my email, I'll post what I've learned. I am hoping I can buy 2 new Roku Players instead of 2 new TV's! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@StephenSteaming wrote:

I have a Roku 2 but did not receive the email. Disappointing as I have two Rokus. The 2 still has Spotify removed etc. So it looks like I would just need to upgrade at full price. I also have a few Fire devices, and they seem to be working fine. Yet my two senior ladies prefer Roku by far.

Annoyingly, Roku keeps reusing names for vastly different players. There are 5 different models that have a 2 in the name, but not all are discontinued for support. So your particular model might still be supported. 

Also, many Roku players are heavily discounted right now for Black Friday. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos