Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAGUARDOG
Level 9

Network does not have any search function

I have found 2 Networks that DO NOT have a search function on them.  Those channel are truTV & TNT.  I have looked everywhere and cannot find how you search for Movies on those 2 channels.  When you open either one up all you get are TV shows.  My remote search function does the same thing on those 2 channels.  Example - truTV search for "Into the storm" .  truTV comes up but you get "Uncle Drew" not the show you are trying to watch.   Please help me find the search function on those 2 Networks?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Network does not have any search function

The features and controls on each channel are programmed by the channels themselves, not by Roku.  Roku just provides the platform on which the channels' own apps run and has no more control over any channel's features than your television does.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
JAGUARDOG
Level 9

Please let me reword my question.   I didn't mean to imply that Roku did have something to do with the search function.  With that being said I need to know if anyone knows how I find the search function on those networks?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Both are owned by AT&T through their WarnerMedia holdings. I loaded both to have a look.

Both Roku channel apps have similar user interfaces.  I cannot find that Warner has provided a search capability in either one.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi