Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My handset for a Roku 3 model 4200X broke. Volume doesn't work. How to I buy a replacement?

Jump to solution

1. Replacement options from Roku do not list the 4200X or indicate whether the replacements work with that model.

2  If model 4200x is no longer made or it's advised I buy a new Roku, How do I buy a Roku with an additional hand set?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My handset for a Roku 3 model 4200X broke. Volume doesn't work. How to I buy a replacement?

Jump to solution

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

That page says the Voice Remote, Simple Remote and Gaming Remote all work with the Roku 3. You can also find universal IR remotes that include Roku codes for less than $20 almost anywhere electronics are sold. 

The Roku 3 4200 is now 8 years old, so you might consider a replacement. The 4200 is still supported by Roku, but as new channels are released or existing channels updated, you may find the 4200 won't run them.

If you must have a wired network connection, the Ultra is the only model with it. Same with a USB port. Both the Ultra and the Stick+ come with a WiFi direct remote. The Premiere comes with an IR remote, but you can get a Voice Remote on the page linked above if you prefer that. I personally don't recommend the Express. Too many networking issues reported, and it isn't that much more for the Premiere. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My handset for a Roku 3 model 4200X broke. Volume doesn't work. How to I buy a replacement?

Jump to solution

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

That page says the Voice Remote, Simple Remote and Gaming Remote all work with the Roku 3. You can also find universal IR remotes that include Roku codes for less than $20 almost anywhere electronics are sold. 

The Roku 3 4200 is now 8 years old, so you might consider a replacement. The 4200 is still supported by Roku, but as new channels are released or existing channels updated, you may find the 4200 won't run them.

If you must have a wired network connection, the Ultra is the only model with it. Same with a USB port. Both the Ultra and the Stick+ come with a WiFi direct remote. The Premiere comes with an IR remote, but you can get a Voice Remote on the page linked above if you prefer that. I personally don't recommend the Express. Too many networking issues reported, and it isn't that much more for the Premiere. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos