Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JU321
Reel Rookie

Model 2050X

I have an older model 2050x that I recently replaced with a newer model.  I want to install the old device on a TV that I only use occasionally.  When it goes through the start-up phase, and says "Launching Home Screen", afterwards, only a green screen comes up on the TV.  Nothing else.  It was working fine previously.

Any trouble-shooting help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Model 2050X

Something to try:

Reconnect to original tv, where it worked before.

Under Settings > Display type , set the resolution to the actual resolution of the old tv you want to use it with.

When you change the Display type to a new setting it runs you through several screens:

• A screen where you can choose from the available options on that device.
  • A screen where it analyzes your choice to be sure your tv supports it, then gives the option of trying that choice if you wish.
  • A screen with a countdown timer and two choices:
        Yes, screen looks good
        No, I will choose a different setting
    The "No" option is highlighted by default. To keep the screen resolution you're currently trying, you need to arrow up to the "Yes" option and click on it before the timer runs out.

Now try it on the old tv.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Model 2050X

@JU321

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XD (2050) is a very old device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mo28

Re: Model 2050X - Cannot reset.

The serial number is JOA14M051595.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Model 2050X - Cannot reset.

Honestly, that player is now almost 11 years old. Unless you're trying to use it on a TV without HDMI connections, it's really not worth it. The 2050 is incapable of using the majority of the newest channels, and Roku no longer provides updates to it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos