Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crawford69
Level 7

Manual for Roku Premiere + 4630X

How do I find a manual for the Roku Premiere + 4630X?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Manual for Roku Premiere + 4630X

Roku devices really don't have any manuals. There's a quick setup instruction sheet with a new player, and that's about it. Since the Roku is simply a platform, and you have to install and use different channels to actually do anything, it would be impossible to create a manual that covers the use of them all.

The main things to know are the functions of the buttons on the remote. The 4630 is an older player, and I believe it has the same remote as my 4640 Ultra. There's no power or mute button, the volume buttons on the side can control the TV or AVR volume via CEC. It is not programmable to control a TV.The top right button is Home, and will always exit whatever you're doing and return you to the main Roku screen. The top left button is Back, and it's use varies within different channels. But in general, it will back you out of whatever screen you are on, and if you're on a channel home screen it will either back you out of the channel completely (most common) or not do anything further (not too many like this). The four arrows are for moving wherever you are on the screen up/down/left/right. The select button is in the middle, and most remotes say OK here. 

There are then two more rows of buttons with three buttons on each. In order, they are back (but it's different than the Back button earlier, and might only work within specific channels), voice command (press and hold the button for voice control) and *, which will open different menus depending on the channels. The last row are media play buttons: rewind, pause/play, and fast forward. These can also work differently within different channels. 

Finally at the bottom are four buttons programmed to open specific channels. If the channel isn't installed on your Roku, it will open the channel store to that channel to allow installing it. You cannot change the programming on these buttons, nor disable them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
crawford69
Level 7

Thank you.  There is an A and B button at the bottom of the remote.  It makes the remote look like a game controller when turned sideways.  Do you know how to use it as a game controller?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@crawford69 wrote:

Thank you.  There is an A and B button at the bottom of the remote.  It makes the remote look like a game controller when turned sideways.  Do you know how to use it as a game controller?

Yes, it was designed for games. But to my knowledge there's no games available any longer for a Roku player. My old, old 2 XS had a version of Angry Birds, but I don't recall that game using those buttons. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos