Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Loading times: Roku 2 4710X vs Roku 3500X

My granddaughter was using our old 3500X but it was taking eons to load. Nothing wrong with the video or audio once it began but it literally took forever. This past week I replaced our 3800RW with a Streaming Stick+ and replaced the 3500X with the 3800RW (the granddaughter was thrilled). But my curiosity got the better of me. I plugged the 3500X into the same flatscreen where the Roku 2 is plugged in. The 3500X was incredibly slow. The wireless and internet connections are excellent (right next to an extender) so that's not an issue. I checked for any software updates. I changed from plugging the stick's power from the flatscreen USB port to a power supply cable cord. No improvement. So I decided to do a factory reset and re-sign into all the apps that required sign in. Substantial improvement (although some apps like Netflix load way slower than others). But again my curiosity got the better of me. Since both Roku's were plugged into the same flatscreen I compared the load up times for the Roku 2 vs the Stick. Technically the Stick should have outperformed the older box. It didn't. Any thoughts as to why this has occurred? Thanks.

0 Kudos