Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Linking Device issues - 2 minutes, wait, wait, wait, nothing

Jump to solution

I have an older XD 2 device that I am trying to link to my account. I am able to get the link code from the TV screen and I enter it into the web-page on Roku's web site. It starts linking and adding the channels but immediately gets stuck at "about 2 min. left" remaining to link.  I have waited hours now and have reset everything a few times now and obtained new codes.  Still same issue.  I'm in Canada.  Any solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Linking Device issues - 2 minutes, wait, wait, wait, nothing

Jump to solution

@AdamH1 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Linking Device issues - 2 minutes, wait, wait, wait, nothing

Jump to solution

@AdamH1 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos