Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NH_Hills

Is the Roku XD Model 2050x - still a viable device?

I'm new to Roku, so be kind.

I'm trying to help a friend setup a Roku XD Model 2050x. Is this still a viable device? I've been looking for docs on updating the Account but am finding scant info. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Is the Roku XD Model 2050x - still a viable device?

@NH_Hills 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku XD 2050 is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yo_sam
Reel Rookie

Hi,  I realize the XD can no longer get OS updates. But a related question: none of the new models have the audio plug by which I am able to drive the audio thru to my Onkyo amplifier and listen to surround sound.

If I buy the Premiere model now, can I achieve the same by plugging the supplied HDMI cable into the Onkyo HDMI input and use another cable from the HDMI "out" into the TV monitor?

Tnx.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@yo_sam 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Yes, you can connect a Roku device to an AVR and then connect the AVR to your TV.

For more information about how to set up a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player for HDR?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
yo_sam
Reel Rookie

Thanks Danny.

It's working the way I surmised. The problem is, with the separate audio plug in on the earlier model, I was able to pump the audio through my speaker system, bypassing the TV monitor altogether.  With your suggested config, I now have to keep the TV on. Kinda of a waste.

0 Kudos
Benji-man

I have a second hand unit - Roku XD 2050x - and it appears to be lacking the Netflix channel/button.  I tried running an update but this fails.  Is there a way to manually update this unit?  If it's as up-to-date as it can be, what should the functionality of this model be?

Also, what is the highest version of the Roku software that this model can run?  This way I can see how out of date it is ... I think it's on 3.x.x

0 Kudos
kev13nyc

Hi Danny,

I found an old 2050x device but it's not connecting to roku.com.  I've tried all resets and connections on the device and network but still no luck getting my 2050x to connect.  Is there anything you can suggest?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kev13nyc

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
paustinc
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny.  How do I send you a "PM"?

I have an old Roku XD Model 2050x, and I'd like to get up and running again.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @paustinc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku XD?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos