Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Is There an Archive for the Soundbridge Discussions

Subject really says it all. 

There was a lot of collected experience in those old forum discussions.   I hope they're still accessible somewhere...

Thank you.

Tags (1)
29 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Is There an Archive for the Soundbridge Discussions

I second the request from the astute Roku employee. There are many music lovers who use the Soundbridge for their home entertainment systems. Resurrecting the Soundbridge forum postings would benefit many Roku customers to keep their audio players working and provide many more years of satisfaction for those who invested in one of Roku's great legacy products.

Godspeed to you all.

Richard

Highlighted
Level 9

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link somewhere to upgrade Soundbridges to software version 3?

thanks for any advice!  

Phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@philb1342 wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link somewhere to upgrade Soundbridges to software version 3?

There is none that I am aware of.  The update servers were taken down some time around 2010(?).   I wasn't paying attention at the time, but sussed that out from forum postings, when they were still available.  But I might be misremembering.

There is a method of updating the devices without the server, but I don't know what it is.   There is a fellow who provides after market repairs, and I've heard (unconfirmed) that he can perform an update, but that would likely involve shipping the SoundBridge, and a fee.   The only lead I have on finding him (his name was in the forums) is to contact Pyramid Audio in Austin, TX.   They were (may still be) accepting Sound Bridges for repair and sending them to him.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I guess it's one thing to stop supporting, but it's horrible on a whole 'nother level to delete all the previous troubleshooting, tips, tricks, and ideas.  COME ON Roku!

..:::... Why can't we all just get along?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I agree, it's a shame - I'm listening to Radio Paradise right now on my Soundbridge - it was such a great product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have our set up to automatically play Radio Paradise!  LOVE that station.

..:::... Why can't we all just get along?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Soundbridge Radio Stations Setup Through Browsers (or any other software)

I have three Soundbridge radios - and still love them - and used to be able to use Bonjour (Safari?) software on a Mac to access them.
BUT I am no longer able to access their settings. I see the units on my network through such software as Network Radar, their IP & MAC addresses but I don't know how to get inside them!
Some stations I had set up a while back do not broadcast anymore.

If you have any suggestions, I am at a loss...
Thank you!

#Soundbridge Radio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Soundbridge Radio Stations Setup Through Browsers (or any other software)

I hope this helps, Alfred

I had tried to post this on the Roku site, but as is per usual for Roku, after writing this same info, the site came up with an error message when I hit the “Post Reply” button!!

I am a Windows guy, but I have a few iPads, so I will give you both methods I use to view the SoundBridge Radio (internal) Web Page.  You will have to try to translate the Windows steps into Mac steps if you can.

Windows:  using File Explorer, you see the structure of drives and folders on the computer.  Open the “Network” folder and then see all of the network devices connected to the network, such as other computers, printers, scanners, and “Other Devices” – in this category I have several Logitech Squeezebox Radios AND the SoundBridge radios.

On the SBr Radio icon, right click and hold open the little menu that appears and slide to select, “View Device Web Page”; do this and then you see the SB Radio web page with four tabs, you want “Presets” which shows all of the URLs you have saved.  Change/Update them as needed.  DON’T FORGET to goto the bottom of the page and SAVE!!

iPad:  This works in Google or Safari:  you have the ip address of your Radio(s); enter the ip address in the search box and you should wind up at the web page of that radio.  For example mine looks like this:  192.168.5.1xx   -- so I enter that and there I am.

Let me know if you need any further info or if I haven’t made this clear enough.

Yes, these are great radios – the best device I ever bought, even with such old tech, now.

Best,

phil

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Soundbridge Radio Stations Setup Through Browsers (or any other software)

(just got "An Unexpected Error has occurred" - have to start from scratch again).

Thank you so much for your kind advice, Phil.

As you will see I am not a geek and my attempts reveal that very clearly.

1. I tried to translate to a Mac the Windows solution. I opened up my Network Settings but could not go far, even if I tried to copy MAC or IP addresses. 
I have included below a frame-grab of that window - please be very clear if you guide me on that path. All of that stuff is very much a foreign language to me!
2. I entered the 10 digit IP address on my iPad through three browsers (Safari, Chrome & Brave). Got nowhere.. A typical message on Chrome: "This site can't be reached. 192..... took too long to respond. Try: Checking the connection ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED-OUT" - the same issue that I see on my Mac.
FYI, I am on the same network as my Soundbridge and am exceptionally not using any VPN.

Yes, it would be a great pleasure to get back to all of my stations - quite a few have stopped streaming or have new addresses.
Yes, these machines are fantastic. 

IF you have any further advice, I will be elated. Thank you so much!
The preferences panel on my Mac Network SettingsThe preferences panel on my Mac Network Settings
0 Kudos