Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Soundbridge Radio Stations Setup Through Browsers (or any other software)

Addendum.
As a non-geek (really), I still managed to get as far as taking a picture of one of my Soundbridge access through the Network Radar software.
Nothing yet allows me to open that IP address as a webpage... "Open in" only leads to "no services available" & "Perform Port Scan."

Again thank you!

NetworkRadar.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Alfred,

I did not get the screen shot you mentioned, but I don’t think it’s necessary at this point.

It seems to me that the messages you are getting point to the possibility that your radio(s) are NOT on the network.

Can you play any stations?  If you can, then you’re on the network.   If you can’t, what message appears on the radio screen?

If you are not on the network, you should reboot the radio(s).  Two ways: a.)  Unplug power to the radio, wait 10 – 15 seconds then replug in.  Watch the Radio screen for messages as it seeks the network and makes a connection.  Or, if it can’t. 

Or, (b) Use the remote for the radio and toggle/click through the menu to “System Configuration”, then down that menu to “Restart SoundBridge Radio”.  

NOT,  do  NOT Reset to Factory Defaults (don’t do this until you’re desperate; you’re not there yet.)

In my version of the User Guide on page 56 the features of System Configuration are described and you can also look at “Show wifi Status” to see what the network configuration is, or, is not.

Another way to approach this to see if your radio(s) are working on the network:  do you have Roku Radio Snooper and/or an account at the old place, radioroku.com?  If your radios are on, either site should id your radio(s).

Let me know your results if I can help more.  Especially if you can any of the stations on the 18 presets.  Let me know your location, in case I can give you some station URLs to try out – stations that work for me.  However, some stations only work in the country you’re logged in from.  I am in the US.

Also, I don’t know Network Radar, but it’s possible that it can list a device that is NOT currently on line, for example it used to be or is turned off or ???

Now, I can see your screen print.  Right off I notice that you have IPv6 enabled.  Is this on purpose???  Something tells me that the old Roku wifi version can’t deal with IPv6.  Is there a reason you have this on?

Good Luck!!

phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you so much Phil for your response!

Yes, I can play stations and I am on the same network as my radio. So no issue there.

IPv6 is a default setting in the Network preferences but I have to say that all of that is quite a foreign language to me.
Typically those preferences are set up to work with my Wi-Fi set up and they do work.
I am trying to figure out - based on your Windows guidelines - how to create something similar but I am quite "humbled" by those extra settings I am trying to set up to access a web browser connection to my radio.
Maybe we could venture a phone call - I could give you my e-mail address through PM, if that is feasible. I am in the Central US time zone.
I am surprised that your iPad is able to access the website for the radios. Maybe we should figure out why you can and why I can't?
Thank you so much for your support. This thread is so precious to me!
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 11.46.26 AM.png
Some of the TCP/IP settings possible, but as I wrote above, I really don't know what to interact with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

After re-reading your message, I checked out Roku Radio Snooper but it seems only available for PCs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

ok, if you can play some stations, that's the point I overlooked from the initial posts.  So, the basic issue is how to replace the stations that no longer work??

--------

The reason that I jumped on the IPv6 was that I had seen some info that some cable companies were not implementing it correctly, so that older devices weren't working anymore.  This might be an old problem that's been resolved.  You show both ipv4 and 6 on your router, and I conclude that the Roku, needing ipv4 IS able to cope with the dual feed.  That's good.

---------

Do you still have the Radio User Guide?   (or, https://soundbridge.roku.com/support/userguide.php  

See pages 12 - 14 for ways to find new stations to replace the ones that don't work.  This is not a very elegant way to replace/reset preset stations that don't work anymore, but it might be the path of least resistance at this point.  Of course, to type in the new URL using the browser method, you do need to know the URL of the new station.  Sometimes this is not easy to get any more.  If you have new stations in mind, I usually go to their web site and see if I can determine the URL (Snooper).  Some times you can email the station and ask for the URL.  Sometimes you can find it by googling.

As far as using a browser to access the radio's web page, I do not understand why it's not working for you.  Have you tried it on each radio, using the ip address of each as it's shown on your Router Web App/Page??

If it doesn't work on the MAC now, has it ever worked?  If it has worked in the past, what has changed?  New Router, updated connection from internet provider, something else?  Do you have access to a windows computer (lap top or other) that you could borrow, let it get on your network and use my info on the 'windows method' and see if that works?  Do you have access to an ipad or iphone?  Try that, too.

Let me know.  Good luck x 2 !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Well, now I notice that your screen shot says that the SoundBridge address is 0.0.0.0  which of course is not true.  You may need to configure the IPv4 feed to give you an actual address or set a fixed ip address for each radio.  My Routers have not been like yours.  What Brand and model is it.  Maybe I can read the manual!!

phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Alfred:  I've had two other thoughts:

1.  Check your Radio's ip address using the Menu items I mentioned earlier under system configuration.  WiFi Status; what is the IP address and how does that compare with the previous info you had.

2.  Check out the following site, which describes the IPv6 addressing system.  Try this site's example with the addresses you see in the Network Radar or on your Routers app/web page.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-can-ipv6-address-used-with-webbrowser/

Phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you Phil for all of your good thinking.

Here to summarize:

- I am able to listen to many stations on my Soundbridge radios. So there is no issue there. And having changed the stations in the past through my browser, I know how to update stations.

- I have had different routers over the past year, and maybe that is the issue. I spoke to my provider (Spectrum) and they are sending me a new unit that they say will be working the right way because it will have been registered (unlike this one which for some reason was not). No idea whether that is the solution but it is worth trying.

- I have tried with an iPad and the same issue (as with my three browsers on my Mac): nothing loads.

-I have called Lynksys, the manufacturer of my Range Extender - without which my Roku doesn't work - has to be the difference between the kind of 2Ghz signals. They told me there is nothing odd about my settings.

- I can't really go very deep into the IPv4 or 6. Above my head... Just to be clear, that window from my Network setting with its 0.0.0.0 is not a setting I have set. It is just the default window as I try mimic the path you gave me. But failing.

So, I think, I may wait until I get an "activated router" in about a week. Then I will let you know whether this "fancy step" has helped.
Thank you so much for trying to help me!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Thanks for the update.

But, did you try two things:

1.  Using the remote, find a new station, for one that doesn't work any longer, and save it to the preset that has the station that doesn't work.  This avoids the issue of the inability to use the browser situation.

2. Using one of those articles I sent, it shows you how to use the IPv6 addressing in the browser to access the device.  Does that work? I am quite sure that the problem is related to the fact that IPv6 uses a different address scheme, that's why it shows your IPv4 address as 0.0.0.0

Anyway, good luck!

Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you again, Phil for "being there."

I have tried to go through my Roku remote to find stations to replace those that don't stream anymore but, the many attempts to find some station lead nowhere. I think most (if not all) of the stations that I found were non-functioning. So I don't think this will be a way to proceed.

Of the IPv6 path, it really is above my head. As per my framegrab earlier, I do not know how to enter the proper IP address.
I am sending you the latest framegrab below BUT I am in completely unknown territory!

As I wrote earlier, I may have to wait until I receive a properly registered Spectrum router, which the technician says will solve many issues.

In the meantime, again, many thanks!

P.S.: I read on the Wikipedia page that there is a "Roku Server Protocol (RSP)" but that may also be above my skill level.

NetworkPref02.jpg

0 Kudos