Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLDCSTAV
Level 7

How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Hello,

I am working with a client to setup a universal remote for them as along with other devices they lost the remote to their Roku Streaming Media Player. I looked on all sides of the Roku player but do not see a model number listed. I have also tried cycling power to the the player in hopes of getting it to turn on with no such luck. Is there a way I may possibly determine what model player they have and or turn it on. It was previously setup on WiFi so I am not able to wake it up from an Ethernet cable connection either. 

The player is a square box maybe 6" x 5" x 1.5". The back of the player has the following inputs/outputs :

Optical Audio
S-Video
Component Video
Composite Video
Analog Audio
HDMI
Ethernet
Power Connection Port

Any help you are able to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Per this chart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Feature_comparison) Roku hasn't issued a model with S-Video support since its first generation units in 2008/2009.

The only 3 models with S-Video connections are:
Roku DVP (N1000) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p
Roku HD (N1100) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p
Roku HD-XR (N1101) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080p

These are all ancient, extremely slow by today's standards, and are incapable of running many (most?  all?) of today's channel apps.  As far as I know, the standard set of Roku IR commands has not changed since the beginning so all three models should respond to them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
GLDCSTAV
Level 7

Re: How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Thank you for your reply. I figured it was old but did not realize it was that old. Yikes! I will suggest they upgrade. 

0 Kudos