Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Hello,

I am working with a client to setup a universal remote for them as along with other devices they lost the remote to their Roku Streaming Media Player. I looked on all sides of the Roku player but do not see a model number listed. I have also tried cycling power to the the player in hopes of getting it to turn on with no such luck. Is there a way I may possibly determine what model player they have and or turn it on. It was previously setup on WiFi so I am not able to wake it up from an Ethernet cable connection either. 

The player is a square box maybe 6" x 5" x 1.5". The back of the player has the following inputs/outputs :

Optical Audio
S-Video
Component Video
Composite Video
Analog Audio
HDMI
Ethernet
Power Connection Port

Any help you are able to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Per this chart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Feature_comparison) Roku hasn't issued a model with S-Video support since its first generation units in 2008/2009.

The only 3 models with S-Video connections are:
Roku DVP (N1000) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p
Roku HD (N1100) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p
Roku HD-XR (N1101) - supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080p

These are all ancient, extremely slow by today's standards, and are incapable of running many (most?  all?) of today's channel apps.  As far as I know, the standard set of Roku IR commands has not changed since the beginning so all three models should respond to them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How may I determine the Model of the Roku Player

Thank you for your reply. I figured it was old but did not realize it was that old. Yikes! I will suggest they upgrade. 

0 Kudos