Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HULU on Roku 2 XD

Jump to solution

Since getting their phone number seems to be out of the question, perhaps you can help.

HULU comes up as not available on my roku 2 XD, but plays perfectly on my roku 1. Any idea why?  It was working fine one day then not the next.

thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HULU on Roku 2 XD

Jump to solution

@Forrestvale 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware as @atc98092  mentioned, its possible that the Hulu channel no longer supports the Roku 2 XD device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: HULU

Jump to solution

@Forrestvale wrote:

Since getting their phone number seems to be out of the question, perhaps you can help.

HULU comes up as not available on my roku 2 XD, but plays perfectly on my roku 1. Any idea why?  It was working fine one day then not the next.

thanks for any help you can give me.

The Roku 2 XD is a legacy device that is no longer supported. It was released in 2010, and Roku no longer offers OS updates or patches for it. Hulu most likely has pulled their support for such an old player. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to make it work on your 2 XD. It's simply too old and slow. Replacing it with a newer player is your only option. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  Funny though, my roku 1 still works.   I would gladly update to a newer model if they all came with the Composite RCA connections.  My TV does not accept HDMI. It’s an old model that I don’t plan on changing until it dies.

thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Forrestvale wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  Funny though, my Roku 1 still works.   I would gladly update to a newer model if they all came with the Composite RCA connections.  My TV does not accept HDMI. It’s an old model that I don’t plan on changing until it dies.

thanks again

Yeah, you aren't going to find analog outputs on any current streaming device from any manufacturer. I can understand wanting to keep it until it croaks, but you're really missing out on much higher quality video. Smiley Very Happy

The Roku 1 was released in 2013, and is still supported by Roku at this time. So that explains why Hulu still works on it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HULU on Roku 2 XD

Jump to solution

@Forrestvale 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware as @atc98092  mentioned, its possible that the Hulu channel no longer supports the Roku 2 XD device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos