Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Going Nowhere With Roku 1

When I arrive at the main directory for my apps on Roku, I cannot move to whichever app I want to watch, whether it be Netflix, Prime or PBS. I changed the batteries in the remote and turned the system off and on but no movement. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Going Nowhere With Roku 1

The Roku 1 was released almost 7 years ago, so it's possible it's just failing. The remote is IR, so there's no pairing to worry about. Check the remote for functionality by looking at the emitter end through a smart phone camera. If you see flashing when pressing any remote button, the remote is fine. That only leaves the Roku. If there's nothing blocking the front of the Roku, so the IR signal can be seen, then it's likely just failing. Honestly, the new Roku players are so much better than your model 2710, you really should just consider replacing it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Going Nowhere With Roku 1

Thanks much. I had a feeling it might be its age. I'll explore alternatives as you suggest. Cheers!

0 Kudos