Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xyz1204
Reel Rookie

Globoplay not available on Roku 2XS in Holland

I cannot find the Globoplay channel in the Channel in the channel store.

I have a Roku 2XS (3100X). I am in Holland (Europe).

Does anyone know if Globoplay should be available via the Roku platform in Europe (Holland)?

Or maybe my device is too old?

I used to have Globo Internacional via TeleUp in Holland on this Roku 2XS. That worked fine. But Globo now is only possible via Globoplay.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Globoplay not available on Roku 2XS in Holland

@Xyz1204

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device that is no longer supported. It's possible that the device is too older and the channel does not support your Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xyz1204
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply

Today I received a Roku Express.

But still I don't see the Globoplay channel in the channel store.

Also the search bar is not available.

So the problem with the Roku 2XS is the same problem on the Roku Express.

I already contacted Globoplay support (Globo Brazil) via email, but still no reaction or support from them.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Xyz1204,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.
Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
Scroll up or down and select Settings.
Select System.
Select Advanced system settings.
Select Factory reset.
Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos