Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do ROKU work in Germany. I am unable to connect to amazon prime video

Dear all. hope everyone are doing fine. I am facing an issue with my ROKU 2 XS device which i bought in USA. Currently I am in Germany and I am also having Amazon prime. Tried to use the prime video in ROKU device but the error messages says unable to connect to prime video, please contact amazon.com/help. But the device is successfully registered to my amazon.de account and when roku try to activate from device, it says go to amazon.com/mytv to register.But since I am ingermany i go amazon.de/mytv and register the code. device regsitered successfully but unable to connect prime video. Anyhelp on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Do ROKU work in Germany. I am unable to connect to amazon prime video

Your first issue is that you have a 2 XS. That player is 9 years old, and no longer supported. 

The other issue is that Prime is restricted on Roku devices by geographic location. So if you have a Roku user account created in the US, and use your Roku in another country, some channels won't work. And even if you have a Roku account created in your country, it's up to Amazon to permit their channel to be used there. Prime might be available in Germany, but it might not be authorized on a Roku device. Crazy, yes. But that's not controlled by Roku. In this case, it's Amazon in complete control if it will work there.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos