Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrWattsOn
Level 7

DUST "bit the dust"?

The Science Fiction content on the channel "DUST" is gone! The app loads with a non-responsive Search box only. I will miss this channel's fantastic content. The channel is still in the channel store, and has not been updated (I have the latest version loaded). It's free or was, and if that doesn't continue, neither will my watching it. I "hear" they may have new content Nov. 4, 2020, so I am checking every few hours.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Strega
Level 14

Re: DUST "bit the dust"?

Since seeing your post, I've loaded the Dust channel a few times, and watched some content and had no trouble with it. 

0 Kudos
DrWattsOn
Level 7

Re: DUST "bit the dust"?

@Strega

Hello! Thank you for your efforts. My unit is the original 2-XS 3100X. After seeing your post, I did a Factory Reset and deregister/registered the unit, and Roku tried to add several apps I never used not had loaded, so I deselected them. When I loaded the DUST app, same issue. Nothing but the Search box appears, and there is no response to my remote (which I had already Paired again). I got some "bonk" and some "click" sounds, but could only finally exit.

I would assume it is because my unit is "old". But the app DID ORIGINALLY WORK for quite a while many weeks ago, and I used it many hours. Then a few weeks ago, it started acting as I just described. That it originally DID work makes me wonder what changed. I have a slightly newer unit that I won't use because it only connects via WiFi, and I prefer LAN cable. I can't afford any (ANY) further expense, I am thinking of cancelling NetFlix just to save the $8. So a new, LAN-connectable unit is out, for me.

Thanks again for your time and efforts.

0 Kudos