Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmanx360
Reel Rookie

Cannot set up Roku XD

Jump to solution

I recently found a cheap Roku XD at a yard sale and wanted to see what it could do. After connecting to the internet, all of the channels disappeared leaving only the settings menu. Checked for software updates and it just threw an error. Did a factory reset and now I can't get through the setup because it just keeps saying it's "Unable to connect to Roku (Code 011)". I know the XD is no longer supported, but it seems ridiculous that I cannot even get past the setup menu.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot set up Roku XD

Jump to solution

@jmanx360

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. The error message you are receiving is due to fact that the device cannot be updated as it does not support the latest OS.

For more information about that specific error message, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see Error Code 011 (Cannot connect to Roku)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jmanx360

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. The error message you are receiving is due to fact that the device cannot be updated as it does not support the latest OS.

For more information about that specific error message, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see Error Code 011 (Cannot connect to Roku)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmanx360
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I understand that it can't run the latest version of the Roku OS. I just want to be able to update to the latest version THAT SPECIFIC ROKU supports and get to the system menu. Even if the Roku XD is "unsupported", I should at least be able to get past the setup menu.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jmanx360 wrote:

I understand that it can't run the latest version of the Roku OS. I just want to be able to update to the latest version THAT SPECIFIC ROKU supports and get to the system menu. Even if the Roku XD is "unsupported", I should at least be able to get past the setup menu.

When the setup fails to complete, here are a couple of things that some people have found to work for them.  I don't know if they'll help in your specific situation, but they are at least worth a try.

Easiest to try, so try this first: Restart your router, even if other devices have no trouble connecting. When your router has completed its startup, try repeating your Roku setup.

More involved: Repeat the setup by connecting to a different wifi network - perhaps via a wifi hotspot on your mobile phone or by taking it to a friend's house - and see if it will complete the startup. If successful, take it back home if necessary, then redo the wifi connection to use your intended wifi network via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It is too old and is no longer supported. Almost like you bought a QUBE cable box from the 80's, it makes a good paper wait (no it does not) I guess it would be like a betamax vcr pretty much useless now. You may be able to contact roku and they give you a special members only offer, but I am not sure. 

0 Kudos