Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Youtube TV channel on Roku 2 XD

Jump to solution

I have an old Roku 2 XD and I am unable to find the youtubeTV app.  Is ther a way to upload the app or do I have to upgrade my Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Most Popular lists channels that cannot be added

Jump to solution

@RetiredLady 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device and may not be supported by that channel provider, hence why you may not be able to find it on your device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RetiredLady 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device and may not be supported by that channel provider, hence why you may not be able to find it on your device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
idtaz

Jump to solution

Danny-R,

I'm encountering a similar problem as that found here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Legacy-Products/Cannot-find-Youtube-TV-channel-on-Roku-2-XD/m-p/5...

I have a 2720 - Roku 2. 

I have Youtube TV in my account, but it's not showing up as an available channel on my Roku.

How do I contact you privately with my Roku account email address and the serial number of my Roku device?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also have a Roku 2 XD and I am trying to stream YouTube TV.

Might you also be able to assist me?

I have my Roku account email address and serial #.

0 Kudos
rickcjr

youtube TV on Roku 2 XD -3050X?

Jump to solution

Hi my Roku 2 XD 3030X serial number is 12A188041876

software version is 9.1.0 build 5006-02

Is there a way to run youtube TV on this setup?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: youtube TV on Roku 2 XD -3050X?

Jump to solution
@rickcjr wrote:

Hi my Roku 2 XD 3030X serial number is 12A188041876

software version is 9.1.0 build 5006-02

Is there a way to run youtube TV on this setup?

Check your Roku model number via Settings > System > About.

YOUTUBE TV SUPPORTED ROKU MODELS
(From YouTube TV website, current as of Sept 21, 2020. See source listed below for any updates.)

All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x)

Notes for members using a Roku:
If you run into an HDCP error on your Roku player, turn on the HDMI Ultra HD Color setting on your TV.
If you experience choppy playback on your Roku device, turn off HDR on your "Display type" settings on Roku. Go to Settings and then Display type and then choose 4K 30Hz TV, 4K 60Hz TV, or 4K HDR 60Hz.

(Source: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?visit_id=1-636403200064571702-3219702076&p=suppo...)

YOUTUBE TV COUNTRY AVAILABILITY
(From YouTube TV website, current as of August 15, 2020. See source listed below for any updates.)
"YouTube TV is available throughout the United States." No other country is mentioned.
(Source: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7370552?hl=en)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JDWLA

Jump to solution

Hey Danny R:

Like previous post, also having issues adding Youtube TV to our two Roku 2 XD devices:

Serial No: 12G31S031931

Serial No: 12C28A073148

Appreciate any help from your team so we can start streaming Youtube TV on our devices, thanks in advance for your time and efforts!

JJ

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JDWLA

Thanks for the post.

I've responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brucebond

Jump to solution

I too have a Roku 2 and can't get youtube TV. 

Can someone help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Brucebond

Thanks for the post.

Have you read @makaiguy's post in this thread that mentions what Roku devices are supported by the Youtube TV channel? It would appear that the Roku 2 (2720X) model is not supported by the channel provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos