Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCL926
Level 7

Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

I have a Roku SE. Since about August, I am not able to use it as it gives a message. “Channel install failed. There is not enough space to add the selected channel. Please remove one or more Channels and try again.” The only problem is that I have absolutely NO Channels even added. There is nothing to remove? I have tried the factory reset a few times with no changes. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
remaker
Level 10

Re: Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

Try removing some of the pre-installed channels that you do not use before installing new ones. Press the * key when on a channel you don’t use and follow the instructions.

0 Kudos
retiredtexan
Level 7

I have same issue, trying to add channels and there is no space.  I had to re-boot Roku3 device and then it went through new set-up. I have no channels listed in my 'Home', so I have nothing to remove, yet I cannot add any channels.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@retiredtexan wrote:

I have same issue, trying to add channels and there is no space.  I had to re-boot Roku3 device and then it went through new set-up. I have no channels listed in my 'Home', so I have nothing to remove, yet I cannot add any channels.  

Where are you located? Are you running a VPN?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
finestsounds
Level 7

Yes, WTH ROKU?! No one wants to do a factory reset and have to spend time resetting all of their channels! I've deleted channels, updated, rebooted several times, deleted channels, and STILL can't get any channel to play! What are you going to do about it, ROKU?!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@finestsounds wrote:

Yes, WTH ROKU?! No one wants to do a factory reset and have to spend time resetting all of their channels! I've deleted channels, updated, rebooted several times, deleted channels, and STILL can't get any channel to play! What are you going to do about it, ROKU?!

This is your first post. You haven't said what device you have (model number is helpful: Settings > System > About). You haven't said where you are located (the country is sufficient). You haven't said if you're using a VPN. You haven't given specific apps that you're trying to add.

These are all questions that were asked of others, and nobody has yet replied. We're asking these questions for a reason. 

I'm a user like you. I'm trying to help. Someone from Roku will come along, and they'll ask the same questions. If answers are provided now, perhaps a solution can be found, which is what I would have figured everyone posting the issue would be after.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
remaker
Level 10

Most likely a factory reset is the best option. Sounds like something is corrupted and the only tool to fix that is a reset. 

It may also be a good time to consider a newer model with more channel storage space, since you have to set all the channels up again, anyway. 

If you are serious about troubleshooting, you’ll need to prove details about your current model, but the answer will probably be the same.