Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can a Roku 2xd support streaming from Youtubetv? Or do I have to upgrade?

I have an old Roku 2xd and it doesn’t allow me to get Youtubetv. I can get regular YouTube but not Youtubetv. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to upgrade to a newer Roku?

i have a family membership on Youtubetv.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Can a Roku 2xd support streaming from Youtubetv? Or do I have to upgrade?

The XD is pretty old.  I can't find an official list on the YouTubeTV page, only "Roku Players" but in an initial press release they listed the Ultra, 4, Streaming Stick, and Roku 2 (Which is newer than your XD).

I'm betting you need to upgrade.  I don't believe that player even has the Netflix profiles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Can a Roku 2xd support streaming from Youtubetv? Or do I have to upgrade?

That player is no longer supported by Roku, and highly unlikely to work with the latest channels. I have a 2 XS (about as old), but it's been at the bottom of a drawer for years. They just don't have the power to support the latest channels. YouTube in particular works very badly on mine. I'm certain YT TV would be even worse, even if it was supported. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos