Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caylalane31
Level 7

Basketball size Black spot on roku projector screen. Is it fixable and how if so

I have a on Roku projector. I turned it on one day and there was a big black spot just one in the middle of the stream it's about the size of a basketball. I want to know what it is is it fixable and how do I keep it from occurring again

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andyross
Level 15

Re: Basketball size Black spot on roku projector screen. Is it fixable and how if so

Do you mean the brand ONN? If so, you need to contact them. Roku just supplies the software ONN uses. But then, what do you expect from a Walmart house brand?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Basketball size Black spot on roku projector screen. Is it fixable and how if so

Projectors from several manufacturers have been sold as a bundle along with a Roku stick, but I don't know if they've been sold as "Roku Projectors".

Do you have any other inputs connected to this projector?  If so, do they exhibit the same "black basketball"?  If you plug the Roku stick into a regular tv, is the spot still there?

I suspect this is a hardware problem that you'd have to refer to the manufacturer of the projector.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos