Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gransee
Level 8

Audio/video sync issues with CBS All access

We have a Roku 2 HD - for a number of years.  We are having issues with the video stopping but the audio continues.  How can we fix this problem?  

Also - when we go into Roku a dialog box will often show up for an app we don't have.  Unless I hit cancel immediately it will load the app - which we do not want.  How can I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Audio/video sync issues with CBS All access

@gransee 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 HD is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Br2
Level 7

I am having the same issue. I have a Roku2.

Please help!

0 Kudos
IceMom
Level 9

Same issue. 3800X Streaming Stock, Fiber Optic internet

0 Kudos
m_boolani
Level 7

I have a Roku3 (4230R) and as of this week CBS live streaming channel (which has worked fine for over 3+ years) visual is lagging the audio. I've tried the solutions listed on the forum i.e. turning Audio mode to Stereo or Off or PCM Stereo but that has not addressed the problem. Any guidance on how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

CBS claims to support the 4230, but that player is now over 6 years old, and many of the newer channels simply won't work on older players. This wouldn't be the first time a channel said they would work on a specific device, but in reality the device simply wasn't powerful enough. Disney and HBO has similar issues with older players. 

The 4230 was a very reliable player, and still performs well with some channels. But for some of the latest channels, it may simply not have enough processing power. The 4230 is a 3rd generation Roku player, and the latest models are the 10th generation. Lots of changes to the hardware in that time.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
gransee
Level 8

Call CBS all Access.  They have some funky settings they had me change.  They fixed my problem!  

0 Kudos
m_boolani
Level 7

Thanks gransee. I called CBS and they gave me some steps to refresh the cache, although it did not fix it right away but within the next day or so. 

0 Kudos