Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Angry Birds disappeared

I have a Roku 2 XS Angry Birds Edition unit that I pulled out of storage today. After connecting it to my tv, and firing it up, it was acting a bit funny. I saw Angry Birds on there and was tempted to play, but thought I should perform a system update first.

After the System Update, Angry Birds was gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Angry Birds disappeared

Reset your roku and you should get it back
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How do you reset Roku 2XS to get angry birds back?

Highlighted
Level 7

I connected my old Angry Birds edition Roku 2 today and the game that came with the Roku was there, plus the two Angry Birds games that I paid money for were also there. I played one for a while, it seemed to work as usual. But then when I connected the Roku to the internet, it erased all of my Angry Birds games, every single one that I paid for. I restarted the Roku, nothing happened. I factory reset the Roku, nothing happened. What happened to my games that I paid money for?

And what is thisgarbage about me not qualifying for support from Roku? I have at least five or six different roku's, I would think that they could offer some customer service. And I paid for those Angry Birds games. They belong to me. So why did Roku erase them?

Highlighted
Level 7

Apparently it is a lie that you get your games back if you reset your Roku. I tried that. Went all the way back to the factory reset, and all I have are the current channels that are associated with my account. They did not give me back the Angry Birds games that I paid for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I have an old roku 3 that had 3 angry birds games. two of which I paid for. I put the roku 3 away for several years. I needed to use it and After the device updated the games disappeared....Rovio Entertainment since 2013 no longer supports roku angry birds games.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@bdpopeye wrote:

I have an old roku 3 that had 3 angry birds games. two of which I paid for. I put the roku 3 away for several years. I needed to use it and After the device updated the games disappeared....Rovio Entertainment since 2013 no longer supports roku angry birds games.

Posted elsewhere on this forum.

I have four Roku 2XS (3100), three of which have been constantly connected to the internet since I've activated them.  Angry Birds is present and plays as of this posting.   Running OS 9.1.0.

I assume if you ever "factory reset" your device, as part of the "reset", the OS is wiped, as well as any installed packages; it can't connect to Rovio and download the games anymore.

0 Kudos