Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishinsp
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Dropping Roku Support??

The link would not allow me to order anything.  It kept telling me my cart was empty.  Roku looking into the issue.  Had to send them all the email info so I am not sure what is going on yet.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@jergens999 wrote:

I believe they sent the link to Amazon Prime members that use older model Rokus. They are just giving the discount one time to the Prime member to upgrade their machine. That's my theory, anyway.

I believe that's accurate. I own one of those older players, but it's been in a drawer for years, so Amazon wouldn't have any recent activity in their logs for it. I didn't receive the email, and I wouldn't have used it anyway. All my in-use Roku devices are much newer than the ones they are dropping support. I think my 3600 Stick is the oldest device in use, and my grandson uses it almost daily. I'm certain Prime Video is one he uses extensively. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MightyKC

I have a device so old that they aren't giving me any discount to replace it. A Roku 2, which was the only one with RCA Jack's to work with old CRT Tvs

0 Kudos
atc98092

@MightyKC there are five different models of Roku 2. All but the last one had composite outputs, but that last one is the only one that comes close to having the processing power to run most channels. 

The last model that still had composite outputs was the Roku Express+ (3910), released in Oct 2017. You might still be able to find them somewhere, if analog outputs are really still needed. Just make sure it's the 3910, as there are other models of Express+ that don't have them. And there's really no other streaming player that still has them, except perhaps an inexpensive Android based player you might find on the Internet. 

But I have to say you are really missing out if you're still using an old CRT display. They simply don't hold a candle to even an inexpensive 1080p LCD display. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Gene4
Channel Surfer

I got the Amazon email, and replaced my Streaming Stick 3500R with a Streaming Stick + 3810RW, which was one of the models for which Amazon offered discount, and is not obsolete, as far as I can tell. I've been using the new Roku for a couple of weeks, yet I continue to get the Amazon email!  What's up with that?  Has anyone else encountered this?

@DBDukes , Can I safely ignore these continuing messages from Amazon and go about my life?  THanks.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Gene4 wrote:

...Can I safely ignore these continuing messages from Amazon and go about my life? ...

Maybe log in to Amazon Website and look at the list of devices authenticated against their services. They'll probably simply be listed at "Roku," "2nd Roku," and other non-helpful labels. Remove any you can confirm are the older devices. Or remove them all and reauthenticate as needed.

Or, like you said, carry on and ignore the emails.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
britto5050

why? i have stick 3430. made it by one 10th. they cut 3420, im 3430, so why would someone spend the extra money when they dont have to wheras the stick performs great, so i mean i have all express, express + 6 total includ the one stick which all the boxes made the prime cut. 4920x, 3910x, 3931x, 3900. oh ya and 3430. the big winner. lol 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@britto5050 

Are you sure about those model numbers? Did you go to Settings > System > About and get the model number from there?

I ask because I've never heard of model number 3430. To my understanding, the 34xx series are MHL Sticks and are no longer supported by Roku. (If you're happy with any device, don't upgrade, regardless of the dropping of support.) Any model 3430 would seem to be an MHL Stick, based on that series. But, as I said, I'm not familiar with that specific model number.

There is a 3930, but it's not a Stick, it's an Express. Is that the one you mean?

Also, the 49xx series is unfamiliar to me. There is a 39xx series of Express models, but I've never seen any Roku in the 49xx series. Double check those model numbers.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Bracelet4Cancer
Reel Rookie

Would this mean ROKU TV's as well??

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Bracelet4Cancer wrote:

Would this mean ROKU TV's as well??

It would apply to any device using the Roku OS, so yes. But for now it's all speculation. 

Dan