Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bellringer
Reel Rookie

All shows on Roku 2 XD etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

RuKu 2 XD
Model 305OX

using : RuKu Channel app 

any movie playing issue happens  , also takes a very very long time for movie to start 

not my internet service causing this .

error statement:  Cannot access program  “Spun” is not available or has expired. 

this happens on new movies you have just came out on your app , it don’t matter any movie or topic all have this error window appears on screen and will not allow any thing more but say ok and look for another movie which same thing happens again with error window appearing again. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All shows on older Roku boxes etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

@Bellringer

Thanks for the post

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All shows on Roku 2 XD etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

To be more precise, the 3050 was released in Jul 2011. So it's approaching 11 years old. Roku discontinued support a couple of years ago, and channel providers have also dropped support. I have a 3100 released at the same time, and it's been worthless for years due to its lack of processing power. It's simply time for an upgrade. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Isark702

Re: All shows on Roku 2 XD etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

Thanks for clarification on this issue.  Since Roku is being a spineless twit about informing people with not supporting their outdated devices, I plan to return the favor. I will be throwing my hockey puck out and switching to an Amazon Firestick. At least Amazon informs their customers of any changes and issues without requiring them to be beamed up to Planet 134 to get a freaking response.  Bye, Girl, Bye.

0 Kudos