Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

After Al Jazeera update, older Roku's (LT and XT) crash after a few moments of viewing.

I have a newer Roku that seemed to go through a similar update (it added an "agree to..." question when launched), but on my older Roku's, after the upgrade, the Al Jazeera app bounces back to the home screen.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: After Al Jazeera update, older Roku's (LT and XT) crash after a few moments of viewing.

@blackburied 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is a much older device. The channel that you are trying to watch may not support that device. We would recommend reaching out to the channel provider to inquire about what devices are supported by that channel.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: After Al Jazeera update, older Roku's (LT and XT) crash after a few moments of viewing.

Yes, I reached out to Al Jazerra, and they said they were being forced to used an incompatible API.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello, I have the same problem with alJazeera - have just added the channel and very disappointed that it keeps crashing. I have a Roku LT.

is there any way round this?  Would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Kathym

0 Kudos