Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGWarthog
Level 7

Adding channels on two devices

I've had a ROKU HD in my bedroom for several years.  We recently bought a ROKU TV for another room.  I added several new channels on through the ROKU TV and my account shows the channels are installed, but they are not showing up on my old ROKU HD.  How do I get them to show up there?

I've updated the device and I have restarted with no luck.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Adding channels on two devices

If the Roku Hd is too old it will never have the newer channels, sorry. What is the software of the roku hd? And exact name and model number of the roku?

Edmund
0 Kudos
BGWarthog
Level 7

Model 2500X

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

The 2500 is pretty much obsolete.  As you've notice, there's a lot of channels that don't support that device and that's why you're not seeing them.

makaiguy
Level 20

Roku channels are created and maintained by the channel suppliers themselves. 

Some Roku channels take advantage of enhanced capabilities of the newer Roku units and will not install on older, less capable units that are incapable of running them. 

Some long term channels keep older versions that will work on older units in the system -- depends on the channel.  Netflix, for instance, will run on my old Roku 2, but it cannot support the multiple Netflix profiles that my newer units will.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi